|June 1, 2018
Review September and October Programs
Location: Four Points Sheraton, Norwood, MASeptember 14, 2018
Board Conference Call
Review Committee status, December program
October 19, 2018
December 13, 2018
January 11, 2019
January 25, 2019
March 8, 2019
May 3, 2019
June 7, 2019
Note: All meetings beginning at 7:30 A.M. unless otherwise noted.
MASSACHUSETTS-RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
The most common reasons people join HFMA, attend HFMA meetings and participate in the committees are to:
(1) learn and grow
(2) develop business contacts
(3) get to know people
(4) participate and achieve
(5) have recognition
(6) have fun
When asking a person to volunteer, don’t underestimate the commitment. It helps to stress the importance and potential achievements from participating. Give each person a task or assignment to involve everyone. The Board Member should be careful not to do everything themselves. Expect that the committee chairpersons and members will accomplish their task and establish a good feedback process to monitor the timetable.
Each Board Member is responsible for the following:
- Participate in all Board meetings and conference calls.
- Serve as the Board Liaison for the committees assigned. For further information see the “Board Liaison” document.
- Help select next year’s Committee Chairpersons and Co-Chairpersons for each committee for which you are the Board Liaison.
- Assist with the Corporate Sponsorship Drive
- Provide list of potential sponsors to the Corporate Sponsorship Chair
- Make follow-up phone calls to potential sponsors based on request from Corp Sponsorship Chair
- Develop future leaders and provide a list of potential Board Members and Committee Chairpersons to the President-Elect.
- Assist with membership recruitment and retention activities
- Recruit new members and encourage members to advance.
- Greet new members and non-members at education meetings
- Make phone calls to new members and / or members at risk
- Attend social functions, annual meeting, and functions such as New Members Breakfast and educational programs.
- Lead by being involved in a committee in which you have a special interest.
- Look for new ways of making the Chapter more effective and volunteer to make it happen.
- Solicit and/or write articles for the Blog.
- Involve all Chapter Members and have fun!