|June 2, 2017
Review September and October Programs
Location: Four Points Sheraton, Norwood, MA
September 15, 2017
October 27, 2017
December 8, 2017
January 12, 2018
January 26, 2018
March 9, 2018
May 4, 2018
June TBD, 2018
Note: All meetings beginning at 7:30 A.M. unless otherwise noted.
MASSACHUSETTS-RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
The most common reasons people join HFMA, attend HFMA meetings and participate in the committees are to:
(1) learn and grow
(2) develop business contacts
(3) get to know people
(4) participate and achieve
(5) have recognition
(6) have fun
When asking a person to volunteer, don’t underestimate the commitment. It helps to stress the importance and potential achievements from participating. Give each person a task or assignment to involve everyone. The Board Member should be careful not to do everything themselves. Expect that the committee chairpersons and members will accomplish their task and establish a good feedback process to monitor the timetable.
Each Board Member is responsible for the following:
- Attend monthly board meetings and report on committee activities.
- Serve as the Board Liaison for the committees assigned. Monitor and report to the Board about the committee activities on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the committees follow the General Committee Responsibilities.
- Attend the committee’s initial organizational meeting.
- Select next year’s Committee Chairpersons and Co-Chairpersons for each committee for which you are the Board Liaison. The names should go to your Chapter Officer Contact.
- Develop future leaders and provide a list of potential Board Members and Committee Chairpersons.
- Attend social functions, annual meeting, and functions such as New Members Breakfast and educational program.
- Recruit new members and encourage members to advance.
- Lead by being involved in a committee in which you have a special interest.
- Look for new ways of making the Chapter more effective and volunteer to make it happen.
- Solicit and/or write articles for the Newsletter.
- Involve all chapter members and have fun.