|June 12, 2020
Board Conference Call: Review September, October, and November Programs
Location: To Be Announced
September 11, 2020
October 16, 2020
December 11, 2020
January 15, 2021
January 29, 2021
March 24, 2021
May 7, 2021
June 11, 2021
Note: All meetings beginning at 7:30 A.M. unless otherwise noted.
MASSACHUSETTS-RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
The most common reasons people join HFMA, attend HFMA meetings and participate in the committees are to:
(1) learn and grow
(2) develop business contacts
(3) get to know people
(4) participate and achieve
(5) have recognition
(6) have fun
When asking a person to volunteer, don’t underestimate the commitment. It helps to stress the importance and potential achievements from participating. Give each person a task or assignment to involve everyone. The Board Member should be careful not to do everything themselves. Expect that the committee chairpersons and members will accomplish their task and establish a good feedback process to monitor the timetable.
Each Board Member is responsible for the following:
- Participate in all Board meetings and conference calls.
- Serve as the Board Liaison for the committees assigned. For further information see the “Board Liaison” or “Organizational Chart” documents.
- Help select next year’s Committee Chairpersons and Co-Chairpersons for each committee for which you are the Board Liaison.
- Assist with the Corporate Sponsorship Drive
- Provide list of potential sponsors to the Corporate Sponsorship Chair.
- Make follow-up phone calls to potential sponsors based on request from Corporate Sponsorship Chair.
- Develop future leaders and provide a list of potential Board Members and Committee Chairpersons to the President-Elect.
- Assist with membership recruitment and retention activities.
- Recruit new members and encourage members to advance.
- Greet new members and non-members at education meetings.
- Make phone calls to new members and / or members at risk.
- Attend social functions, annual meeting, and functions such as new members breakfasts and educational programs.
- Lead by being involved in a committee in which you have a special interest.
- Look for new ways of making the Chapter more effective and volunteer to make it happen.
- Solicit and/or write articles for the Blog.
- Involve all Chapter Members and have fun!