|June 3, 2016
Review September and October Programs
Location: Four Points Sheraton, Norwood, MASeptember 16, 2016
Board Conference Call
Review Committee status, December program
October 21, 2016
December 9, 2016
January 13, 2017
January 20, 2017
March 10, 2017
May 12, 2017 – Note new date!
June 2, 2017
Note: All meetings beginning at 7:30 A.M. unless otherwise noted.
MASSACHUSETTS-RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
The most common reasons people join HFMA, attend HFMA meetings and participate in the committees are to:
(1) learn and grow
(2) develop business contacts
(3) get to know people
(4) participate and achieve
(5) have recognition
(6) have fun
When asking a person to volunteer, don’t underestimate the commitment. It helps to stress the importance and potential achievements from participating. Give each person a task or assignment to involve everyone. The Board Member should be careful not to do everything themselves. Expect that the committee chairpersons and members will accomplish their task and establish a good feedback process to monitor the timetable.
Each Board Member is responsible for the following:
- Attend monthly board meetings and report on committee activities.
- Serve as the Board Liaison for the committees assigned. Monitor and report to the Board about the committee activities on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the committees follow the General Committee Responsibilities.
- Attend the committee’s initial organizational meeting.
- Select next year’s Committee Chairpersons and Co-Chairpersons for each committee for which you are the Board Liaison. The names should go to your Chapter Officer Contact.
- Develop future leaders and provide a list of potential Board Members and Committee Chairpersons.
- Attend social functions, annual meeting, and functions such as New Members Breakfast and educational program.
- Recruit new members and encourage members to advance.
- Lead by being involved in a committee in which you have a special interest.
- Look for new ways of making the Chapter more effective and volunteer to make it happen.
- Solicit and/or write articles for the Newsletter.
- Involve all chapter members and have fun.