|June 1, 2018
Review September and October Programs
Location: Four Points Sheraton, Norwood, MA
September 14, 2018
October 19, 2018
December 13, 2018
January 11, 2019
January 25, 2019
March 8, 2019
May 3, 2019
June 7, 2019
Note: All meetings beginning at 7:30 A.M. unless otherwise noted.
MASSACHUSETTS-RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
The most common reasons people join HFMA, attend HFMA meetings and participate in the committees are to:
(1) learn and grow
(2) develop business contacts
(3) get to know people
(4) participate and achieve
(5) have recognition
(6) have fun
When asking a person to volunteer, don’t underestimate the commitment. It helps to stress the importance and potential achievements from participating. Give each person a task or assignment to involve everyone. The Board Member should be careful not to do everything themselves. Expect that the committee chairpersons and members will accomplish their task and establish a good feedback process to monitor the timetable.
Each Board Member is responsible for the following:
- Participate in all Board meetings and conference calls.
- Serve as the Board Liaison for the committees assigned. For further information see the “Board Liaison” document.
- Help select next year’s Committee Chairpersons and Co-Chairpersons for each committee for which you are the Board Liaison.
- Assist with the Corporate Sponsorship Drive
- Provide list of potential sponsors to the Corporate Sponsorship Chair
- Make follow-up phone calls to potential sponsors based on request from Corp Sponsorship Chair
- Develop future leaders and provide a list of potential Board Members and Committee Chairpersons to the President-Elect.
- Assist with membership recruitment and retention activities
- Recruit new members and encourage members to advance.
- Greet new members and non-members at education meetings
- Make phone calls to new members and / or members at risk
- Attend social functions, annual meeting, and functions such as New Members Breakfast and educational programs.
- Lead by being involved in a committee in which you have a special interest.
- Look for new ways of making the Chapter more effective and volunteer to make it happen.
- Solicit and/or write articles for the Blog.
- Involve all Chapter Members and have fun!