Attendees will gain a detailed overview of the legal and business issues associated with strategic affiliations as a capital source in the healthcare industry covering:
- Common structures (e.g., partnerships, joint ventures, etc.) in the healthcare industry today.
- Common participants in strategic affiliations (e.g., vertical integration, new entrants, private equity/venture capital) | how goals may differ and their impact on deal structuring.
- The rationale for an organization to consider a strategic affiliation for financing purposes vs. more traditional financing methods (e.g. debt vs. cash).
The expert panel will examine industry trends with case examples to address:
- What makes some deals successful / sustainable and why do some deals fall short of their goals.
- Which vehicle is right and how should participants evaluate and monitor these opportunities.
- What key risks should participants be aware of prior to entering into a strategic affiliation – aligning financial, culture and clinical objectives | financial considerations | initial and future capital calls/requirements | need for an exit plan or “pre-nuptial” agreement | ownership of intellectual property | exit considerations.
- How affiliations have evolved.
- What we have not seen yet, but is clearly on the horizon.
Registration Fees for Both Days:
HFMA Members: $20
HFMA Student Members: $15
HFMA Retiree Members: $15
This session qualifies for 1.2 NASBA Finance – Technical CPE credits. To obtain credit, you must answer all of the polling questions.
Presented by the New England Healthcare Internal Auditors (NEHIA) and the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) MA-RI Chapter
We are excited to host a 3-day educational conference bringing expert presenters from healthcare compliance, privacy, security, and of course, internal auditing. Each presentation is an opportunity for presenters to share their knowledge with all levels of conference attendees and for conference attendees to listen and learn best practices from some of the industry’s best experts. In addition to providing low cost, high quality educational sessions, NEHIA and HFMA MA-RI will work diligently to connect conference members with each other to create a strong community of healthcare professionals in New England.
Early-bird discount is valid until October 30th. Register today!
Join us on Wednesday, December 15 at Trillium Brewing Company, Canton, MA for a festive night of networking and fun. Participate in the Ugly Sweater Contest; a prize will go to the person with best, worst sweater. Register today, space is limited!
Admission is $10 per person for Members and $15 per person for Non-Members, includes two drink tickets, appetizers, door prize ticket and the chance to be labeled the worst dressed!
Registration is open on the web at: https://cvent.me/n25d32 until December 15th at noon.
The 62nd Joseph A. Levi Annual Institute program is intended to provide current practical information to financial professionals about policies and trends affecting major segments of the healthcare industry.
This confernce offers 19.5 CPEs
Register today via this link: https://cvent.me/NxdkvR
Join us for this year’s Revenue Cycle & Healthcare Delivery Transformation Committees Conference being held IN-PERSON on Thursday, May 5, 2022 at The Putnam Club at Gillette Stadium. The Agenda includes a diverse range of expert speakers, panelists and keynote speakers who will cover the wide range of revenue cycle, finance and healthcare industry trends and strategies – all designed to optimize the revenue cycle and help you and your team better manage the constantly changing healthcare finance landscape.
Pre-registration is closed but walk-ins registrations will be accepted onsite. If you have any questions, contact the office at .
Registration is now Closed. Please contact the office if you have any questions,
Registration is now closed for this event. Walk-ins will NOT be accepted onsite. If you have any questions, please contact the office at .
Registration for this event is now CLOSED. We hope to see you at a future event.
This moderated panel discussion will provide an overview of the new requirements introduced by CMS for providers and facilities and providers of air ambulance services to protect individuals from surprise medical bills and related enforcement activities.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Full scope of the No Surprises Act requirements in terms of services provided to individuals based on health care coverage
- Key challenges and best practices faced by providers when implementing No Surprise billing rules and good faith estimates process
- Current enforcement activities and landscape at the Federal and State level
Cost: This webinar is FREE for all attendees
CPE Credits: This session qualifies for 1.2 Regulatory Ethics – Technical NASBA Credits
Registration: Registration is for this event is now CLOSED. We hope to see you at another event.
Snack bar lunch, practice range and balls to warm up, dinner following the tournament with gift giveaways, raffles, and prizes, all-inclusive with purchase. Beverage cart on the course courtesy of Cloudmed is available throughout the event for your enjoyment.
Cost: $220 per Golfer / $880 per Foursome
Hollis Cobb – Hole-in-One Sponsor
Optum – Dinner Sponsor
RevSpring – Longest Drive Sponsor
Presented by the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Region 1
Let’s get Back to Business! With limited capacity, we encourage you to register today for the 2022 Region 1 Conference. What can you expect?
- 2-days of education
- Networking reception
- Celebrity speaker, NBA Champion Brian Scalabrine
- Keynote speaker, Tim Richardson
- Closing CFO panel
- Exhibit hall with 25 exhibitors
View our agenda for full scheduling details.
Walk-ins will NOT be accepted onsite. The registration cut-off is August 12th, or until we reach capacity (limited to 200).